Here's where you can make a nice dent in your shopping bill and have something ever so delicious without even glancing at a recipe book:
- I added cut up yellow onions and celery; sprinkled with my BBQ rub, and covered with an olive oil. You can use any seasonings of your choice.
- Cover with aluminum wrap with shiny side up, away from chicken, or cook in a pot with a lid. About 1 hr at 350F. The onions caramelize with the celery and become a delicious topping or side dish; I never make enough. Keeping the chicken covered helps keep chicken moist.
- After pulling out of the oven and letting it rest for 10 minutes, I had to check my cabinet for what olive oil I had used. It was a basil-flavored Olive Oil, which added a scrumptious taste!
- Once cool, you can remove from bone and either cut up to freeze, add to soups or serve just as it is.
- Store in juices to keep chicken moist when you heat it back up before serving.
Note to self; cut up more onions and celery next time!